Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Jebus I've been busy.

I express my regret for ignoring this blog. I've been so. damn. busy. and writing here (IE. for free) on top of writing full time (IE. for $$$) hasn't been an option. (ps. printeresting isn't for $$$. Just to be clear, I do it for the love.)

Some interesting things:
Daumier in Alabama
Bresdin and Redon, Europe at Mid-Century: Dubuffet, Giacometti, Picasso, and Passion and Precision in the Age of Revolution at the MFA Boston.
and Sylvia Plimack Mangold, Ursula von Rydingsvard and Kiki Smith at Bab's gallery in Boston.
Cartographies of Time at Princeton. (Writing about this for Printeresting)
Window on the War and Belligerent Encounters at the Art Institute of Chicago. (Writing about these for Printeresting)
Text as Inspiration and The Bauhaus in Print at the National Gallery.

Also, Printeresting is editing the journal The California Printmaker. I have a fabulous and crazy conversation with Whitney Trettien about a lot of things (edit vs. curate, how to stumble upon things, how books aren't books anymore, etc).

Did I mention the kid on the way too? Yeah, things are busy. Plus I'm writing for Artwrit and a to-be-announced regular column on painting... of all things for me to write about!

But I still heart my 3 nerdy print readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment