Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hello World!

This is a new blog devoted to documenting news about exhibitions containing prints. The blog will cover anything from one minor print by a new artist to a major retrospective for a household name.

If you would like to send info to me/us or help out with posting and/or provide pictures from shows you've seen/been in/put together, feel free to email me at mr.pyper (at) gmail.

A little about me. I've been creating fine art prints for over a decade. Mostly intaglio, relief, and silkscreen. I've worked for the Boston Printmakers when I was at the SMFA, Boston. Been active with both Southern Graphics and the Mid-America Print Council-- including putting together 3 portfolios for SGC and 1 for MAPC. I was the first Master Printer at Shepherd Print Studio in Cambridge MA and was the Tutor/Master Printer at the letterpress studio the Bow & Arrow Press of Adams House, Harvard.

All that aside, I like seeing work and hope that this type of enterprise will create a document that will show the depth of prints being made in our era. Maybe a historical document, maybe a celebration of stuff we saw while out in the gallery/museum/alternative art spaces.

Get in touch and let people know about this blog please!

No comments:

Post a Comment